Luyren's Map System
A downloadable Stencyl resource pack
This is a map and mini-map system for your Stencyl games. It is based on the metroidvania-style, with maps organized in cells that are uncovered as the player visits them. These cells can also hold arbitrary information, which allows you to display collectibles, bosses and other elements in your game. It works with any game genre, it's compatible with my other resources and it includes instructions to integrate it with my Cutscene Resource Pack.
- Multiple player actor icons on the map.
- Multiple objective markers on the map.
- Customizable map layout.
- Display available areas option.
- Scroll through maps bigger than the display.
- Cell data: specify icons for specific cells on the map based on their state, and alter that cell's state. Used for bosses and defeated bosses, items and collected items for example.
- Uncovering map cell options: you can reveal parts of the map in a "heard of" state, like visiting a map station. You can also reveal entire map rooms when you enter a scene.
- Map Opacity: you can specify the opacity of the map on screen, and the mini-map has features to change its opacity in-game. Toggling the mini-map on and off is also possible.
- Saving and Loading: quickly save your actor's type, position and scene with several save trigger options, and load them as needed.
- Scene Transfer: several option for scene transitions while preserving the player actor's momentum.
What do you get:
- 6 Actor behaviors and 2 Scene behaviors for the map, saving and scene transfer systems.
- 1 actor as a save point template, and 2 actors as scene transfer templates.
- Documentation, explaining each behavior and how to setup maps, save points and scene transfer.
- Sample game project file, which includes two player actors with different map layouts for reference.
- All the map images used in the sample game.
- The Windows executable of the sample game, so you can quickly playtest it.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.